Saturday, July 23, 2011

Santa Sack Swap 2

I'm getting things all ready for this swap. I have a list of the participants on the side bar. If your name is listed make sure you have emailed me your SSS Questionnaire. I will be choosing names next Saturday July 30th. If you don't see your name and you want to join this swap, there's still time.

Santa Sack Swap (SSS) Rules & Guidelines (I've tweaked them a bit):

This is not a Secret Swap - But your Gifts are a Secret - So go ahead and email your partner, introduce yourself, get to know each other. Visit her blog and get clues of what kinds of things she likes.

Ok, Here's the Swap Rules & Guidelines:

1) This swap is a four (4) month commitment. If you feel you can't commit for this long of a period, please do not join. It's no fun to have a partner who doesn't follow through; we don't want any broken hearts at Christmas time.

2) The idea of this swap is to create a sack for your partner to put the gifts in. It can be a drawstring bag or a tote bag, whatever you want to make is fine.

3) The first month you will send your bag with 2 wrapped gifts inside. The next 3 months you will mail 2 wrapped gifts to your partner. When you get your wrapped gifts each month put them inside your bag to save for Christmas, no peeking.

4) Gifts should be mailed the first week of each month. The swap is for September, October, November and December. In December with the last mailing you will have 8 wrapped gifts inside your Santa Sack to open on Christmas Day.

5) Gifts can be handmade or purchased. These 8 gifts are smallish items so they don't need to cost very much, probably would be in the $5 - $10 range.

6) In addition to the Santa Sack and the 8 small gifts that will go inside, you will send your partner a more substantial gift to be mailed with the last mailing in December. It can be a candle mat, a table runner, whatever you want. I would say get to know your partner, look at her blog to get a feel for what she would like. This gift doesn't need to cost a lot either; it's really the love and thought that counts. But send something nice that you feel your partner would really like.

7) Remember when buying or making gifts to send something you would like to receive. Nobody wants used stuff or old stuff that has been lying around your house. Don't wrap up something that you got last Christmas that you didn't like and stuffed in a closet. If you didn't like it your partner probably won't like it either.

8) Have Fun! That's the most important thing and the reason we are all signing up for this swap.

9) If you have any questions or for some reason are unable to fulfil your swap commitment, please contact me at: carol0409@cox.net.

Thanks so much for joining this swap!
Your Swap Hostess
Carol

16 comments:

Amy said...

Can't wait - looks like there is a large group! :-) Thanks for all of your hard work to organize it all Carol!

Excited! :-)

Tina said...

Hi Carol, did you email the SSS questionnaire or did I miss it on your blog? If you emailed it, I didn't receive it. Thanks, Tina

Kim said...

I posted my blog button! I can't wait to get started! Thank you for doing the swap Carol

The Queen Bee said...

Wow! I'm impressed with the number of people who have signed up. It should be fun.

Pam

Cyndi said...

I'm so happy that you've had such a good response to the Swap, Carol. I can't wait.... this is going to be fun! Thanks for putting this together for us...you're the BEST! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Lisa said...

with all the excitment i have made my Bag too.
lots fun.yay and thanks for organising
hugs :)
xo

Cheryl said...

So excited and so nice of you to organize the swap.

Peta's Blog said...

Awesome, cant wait :o) Thankyou so much for organising this swap. I have my sack made already yay!

Catherine said...

Awesome amount of sign ups :)
Hope I get similar when I post out my Tilda Christmas Handmade Swap .. .. ..
I think there is something nice about Christmas swaps
Really looking forward to this

shez said...

cant wait thankyou Carol for hosting this wonderful swap

barb's creations said...

I also can't wait for next weekend,thanks for taking the time to organise this swap it's much appreciated.I better go and put the swap button onto my blog :) Barb.

Toni said...

I was trying to resist this Swap because I am already in a few, but they are too much fun, count me in

Kigwit said...

I can't believe some folks have already made their bags! I need to get moving. Maybe making a Christmas bag will keep me cool in this awful heat!

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Is it too late to join the fun? I haven't been very good at keeping up with blogs lately, but I'd love to join in the fun. Thanks!

rooee said...

I would also like to join in if there is time. I sent you an email. :)

Beeshebags said...

Will you be hosting this again this year Carol????

Hugs Naomi