I'm getting things all ready for this swap. I have a list of the participants on the side bar. If your name is listed make sure you have emailed me your SSS Questionnaire. I will be choosing names next Saturday July 30th. If you don't see your name and you want to join this swap, there's still time.
Santa Sack Swap (SSS) Rules & Guidelines (I've tweaked them a bit):
This is not a Secret Swap - But your Gifts are a Secret - So go ahead and email your partner, introduce yourself, get to know each other. Visit her blog and get clues of what kinds of things she likes.
Ok, Here's the Swap Rules & Guidelines:
1) This swap is a four (4) month commitment. If you feel you can't commit for this long of a period, please do not join. It's no fun to have a partner who doesn't follow through; we don't want any broken hearts at Christmas time.
2) The idea of this swap is to create a sack for your partner to put the gifts in. It can be a drawstring bag or a tote bag, whatever you want to make is fine.
3) The first month you will send your bag with 2 wrapped gifts inside. The next 3 months you will mail 2 wrapped gifts to your partner. When you get your wrapped gifts each month put them inside your bag to save for Christmas, no peeking.
4) Gifts should be mailed the first week of each month. The swap is for September, October, November and December. In December with the last mailing you will have 8 wrapped gifts inside your Santa Sack to open on Christmas Day.
5) Gifts can be handmade or purchased. These 8 gifts are smallish items so they don't need to cost very much, probably would be in the $5 - $10 range.
6) In addition to the Santa Sack and the 8 small gifts that will go inside, you will send your partner a more substantial gift to be mailed with the last mailing in December. It can be a candle mat, a table runner, whatever you want. I would say get to know your partner, look at her blog to get a feel for what she would like. This gift doesn't need to cost a lot either; it's really the love and thought that counts. But send something nice that you feel your partner would really like.
7) Remember when buying or making gifts to send something you would like to receive. Nobody wants used stuff or old stuff that has been lying around your house. Don't wrap up something that you got last Christmas that you didn't like and stuffed in a closet. If you didn't like it your partner probably won't like it either.
8) Have Fun! That's the most important thing and the reason we are all signing up for this swap.
9) If you have any questions or for some reason are unable to fulfil your swap commitment, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks so much for joining this swap!
Your Swap Hostess