Sunday, July 1, 2012

Christmas in July - Day 1

Thanks for stopping by. For the month of July I'm going to attempt to post something everyday for Christmas. Could be a Christmas decoration or a Christmas gift. Either way it's my plan to get a good amount of Christmas stuff done. Today I have a Christmas gift. This is a cute little zipper bag made with a pattern by Atkinson Designs called Bridget's Bagettes. There are 3 sizes of zipper bags in the pattern, I made the small one, 5" X 7 1/2". This is my first attempt at using vinyl. The vinyl is what makes it so cute. You can see through the bag so it's a good idea to pick a cute fabric for the inside pocket. The fabric I used is Vintage Modern.

Inside my little bag is a mini charm pack of Vintage Modern and a tiny pair of scissors. Cute Stuff! Come back tomorrow to see what I will have to show next.

18 comments:

Loris said...

Oh that is sweet! I've been thinking about making a bag with clear vinyl for a long time. These are so cute. I must get a round tuit! This is going to be one fun month for us (readers) seeing all the Christmas posts.

Wendy said...

I was looking at this same pattern today but didn't get around to picking fabrics. Yours looks fantastic.

Darlene said...

Very, very cute, Carol.

I'm really excited about your Christmas in July doings. Can't wait to see all your doings.

Betty Lou said...

Darling, I have that pattern, will have to try it. Good Luck with Christmas in July.

Lesley said...

This is adorable! I must pick up that pattern! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Adorable idea. I've worked with vinyl and oil cloth. It can be wicked but I hear using a teflon foot makes it sew more smoothly.

Carol said...

Oh Carol...I'm over the top in love with that bag! Can't wait to see what you have in store for July!

Nancy E said...

Too cute!!! I haven't use vinyl .... did you have any problems with it? Are there any tips we should know?

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Very cute!! And I LOVE Vintage Modern.

tink's mom said...

Carol - what a great start. Love the bag, someone will be very happy receiving this goodie. will need to get the pattern, thanks for the tip.

Sinta Renee said...

You are a clever girl! What a fun idea... this is going to be a fun month!

Texan said...

Cute zipper bag :O). THe vinyl makes it fun :O)

Becky said...

Love this idea! Can't wait to see more...

Shakerwood said...

What a cute idea! Posting Christmas everyday AND the bag.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

These bagettes are on my list. I've been wanting to make a little bag using vinyl. Super cute and a great start. Only 30 more days to go! LOL!

Marla Nelson said...

I love this. What a nice gift it would be.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love this cute bag! I'll keep my eye out for the pattern.

Carrie P. said...

I just saw all your Christmas posts. You have made some fabulous things. Can't wait to see what else you do.