Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bee in My Bonnet Quilt Row 5

I finished my flying geese which is row five in Lori's Row Along. Row six has been posted and I will probably do that today, it's very cute Cups. This is my 2nd time for doing the geese as my first row of geese didn't turn out very well. I used Lori's method for flying geese and although it's not necessary a bad way to do them, mine turned out all kinda wonky, different sizes, didn't sew together well etc.

So, I re-made them and I'm so glad I did. This is what I used to make my geese. Fit to Be Geese ruler. Designed by Open Gate Quilts, you can find one at their web-site here. This is a great ruler for perfect flying geese every time. Try this ruler yourself next time you want to make some flying geese, I think you'll like it too.

9 comments:

Bev said...

Well, however you did them, they are really cute!

Cheery wave!

Bev

Sherri said...

Monique's method is THE best. I did use Lori's method for my row...but yes, with Monique's rulers everything is spot on perfect!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Looking good!

Carol said...

What a cute row! I love that ruler! One of my favorites!

Quilt Hollow said...

Good to know! Maybe Santa can deliver me one? Hmmm

Nedra said...

I've not seen that ruler before. Looks like a good one!

Michele said...

I'm a big fan of this ruler too :-)

Dianne Mitzel said...

I have this ruler, but cannot hear the video that accompanies it. Sound never works, I'll just have to look at the pictures and get it..

Dianne Mitzel said...

I have this ruler, but cannot hear the video that accompanies it. Sound never works, I'll just have to look at the pictures and get it..