Monday, November 5, 2012

Roxanne Tote

I made this tote bag on Saturday for a friend at work for her birthday. The pattern is by Me and My Sister and is called Roxanne. It was an ok bag to make but not my favorite one to make. The handles turned out skinny because I was so not going to spend a huge amount of time trying to turn out the handles, don't like doing handles that way. It was fine though because I like the skinny handles better. The dark purple fabric for the bottom is by Minick & Simpson called Halloween Night. The light purple with the Apothecary jars is called Night Shade by Tula Pink.

One frustrating thing was the lining was a pain to put on as it barely fit. In fact while sewing it together, the top cuff got a small tuck in the process. This is what I came up with to hide that little boo boo. Put the label over it, genius right.

Oh and the handles ended up being a bit of a different distance on one side of the bag than the other. When I pointed this out to hubby, he quickly got out his measuring tape to verify. Oh well, not ripping everything out now for 2/8". Not perfect but done and maybe my friend will like it anyway.

9 comments:

Izzy said...

I love it and I think your friend will too. Purple is my favourite colour! :-)

Nancy E said...

It turned out cut and bet your friend will love it!

Michele said...

It looks wonderful Carol! I'm sure she'll love it. What a really fun tote. I like that you put the label over the small tuck on the bag. What a great idea! The handles look great to me, but I always go back and forth with handles many times making sure they are straight and even.......way too many times actually......and somehow they still manage to be a bit off, so I understand where you are coming from.

Fiesta said...

It looks wonderful Carol. The colors are perfect too.

Darlene said...

It's adorable, Carol. Your friend will love it.

Carol said...

Your friend is going to LOVE it! It's really, really cute!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I'm sure she will love it and I love the label over the tuck. Great idea. Good to know it's not the best of totes. I don't have that pattern and now I don't have to buy it. :)

Sinta Renee said...

I get frustrated with purse patterns too. But your bag turned out perfect! I am sure it will be a very appreciated gift!

Wendy said...

It looks great, love the fabric. Too bad it was a difficult pattern.