Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sewing Room Tree

Thought you would like to see a picture of the cute little Christmas Tree in my sewing room. My husband gave me the idea the other day, he said he was surprised I didn't put a Christmas tree in my sewing room. Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that before. Good idea, gives me a chance to do something all girly. I got a little White Christmas tree at Target on Friday and got some pink lights. I added a garland of aqua beads, pink measuring tapes for more garland, little pink, silver and aqua ornaments and then I added my idea of white buttons for ornaments. And here's what it turned out to be, I think it looks pretty cute, love the white buttons. (Yep, that's Lori's new pattern with the scissors on the wall by the tree, love that pattern, so cute).

Here's a close up picture.

Here's what it looks like at night with the lights on. It has a pinkish/purplish glow.

Here's something I came up with yesterday to put by the tree, a jar of pink buttons. I discovered in the candle section you can find the cutest jars, that's where I found this jar with the handle.

Happy decorating or whatever you are doing today. I'm going to sew my row 7 of Lori Holt's row along together, cute little leaves. I also need to finish some projects that need to be done for Christmas.

19 comments:

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

How clever! I love the pink measuring tape.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh Carol, I LOVE your Sewing room tree. Several years ago, K Mart had some sewing ornaments. I did not buy them, because my family likes their traditional decorating. But it would be perfect for the sewing room! Great ideas.

Darlene said...

Very, very cute. Lots of excellent ideas. Sweet and girly.

Nancy E said...

I was thinking "very cute", then I saw Darlene said that, but it is still VERY CUTE! Love the pink tape measure and the buttons look great!

Carol said...

Very, very cute! Love the pink measuring tape!

Cyn said...

Very cute tree!

Wendy said...

It's really adorable, I love the pink measuring tape and white buttons on the tree.

Bev said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Cheery wave!

Bev

Kaaren said...

It's perfectly clever, Carol. I love it!

Sisbabestitches said...

Sew inspired!

Sue said...

What a CUTE Sewing Room Christmas Tree !

Mommarock said...

Oh it is too too cute! I want one! I want to find some wooden spools too, and wind them with pretty fabric and hang them on my tree :) LOVE IT!

Cheryl said...

Love your tree and all the pinkness!! Very cute.

gilly said...

Ooh, monkey see, monkey do.. I want a tree in my craft room now too! ;-)
What a lovely idea, it's gorgeous. Managed to get my Row 7 finished last night, so that's one more thing ticked off my list.
Have a happy Monday
xx

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

CA-UUUUTE!!! I really love it, Carol.

Sinta Renee said...

Your tree is so darn cute!!! Now I am completely envious!!! I love the little buttons and the garland tape measure is perfect... and pink ta'boot!

Shelley said...

Carol, love your tree and I'm sure you won't mind if I copy it lol! It's just sweet:)

Lori said...

How fun is that?! What a great way to decorate the room. Love the white tree!!

Kim said...

What a fun idea. Well done and sew pretty.