Sunday, March 31, 2013

Scrap-Basket "Beauties" Sunday


I'm joining Kim and other blog friends each Sunday with Kim's Scrap-Basket Sunday. Only I'm not going to make a scrappy quilt.  I'll be making a quilt from the new book by Kim Brackett called Scrap-Basket Beauties.  The pattern I chose is called Cross My Heart and it's so cute.  I'm using a Jelly Roll of Vintage Modern.  Each Sunday I'll make a few blocks.  Here's what I got done today.  The blocks are 4 1/2" (unfinished).  I can tell already I'm going to love this quilt.  Thanks Kim for motivating me to make blocks each Sunday. And thanks other Kim for a great book and pattern.

11 comments:

Algodão Tão Doce said...

Acabei de conhecer o seu blog e achei maravilhoso. Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.

Kim said...

Oh, they're beauties, Carol! I'm glad you're playing along too.

Carol said...

Oh Carol those are the cutest blocks!

Cathy said...

I love the fabric you are using. It is going to be a stunning quilt. Hugs

Sinta Renee said...

Great project. I had my eye on that one also. Kim's book is packed with wonderful quilts. I can't wait to see more of your blocks!

Cheryl said...

What a great project....love those blocks!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Pretty!! I need to get something made with my Vintage Modern stash.

Wendy said...

You picked a great looking project. The fabric is very pretty.

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Love your little blocks! Vintage Modern will look so pretty. I hope you're having as much fun with these as I had. I've cut some pieces from scraps to make a scrappy version in a straight setting. I'm anxious to start putting them together. Have a great week!

Quilt Hollow said...

I'm making Sea Glass from her book for the blog book tour.

Kindred Quilts said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress on Cross My Heart using Vintage Modern... it will be a beauty!